When revving up your body’s engine for another day of activity, it’s optimal to oil your muscles with the best nutrients to ensure they function and recover properly. While key nutrients, such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, and iron, are vital to maintaining strong and healthy muscles, they can be elusive if you’re searching for the perfect diet rich with them. To that end, there are also a few alternative supplements on the market that’ll support your quest for muscle strength.1
In this guide, we’ll break down the best vitamins for athletes, what vitamins are good for muscle health, then introduce you to some of our favorite supplements to support your wellness journey.
Best Vitamins to Incorporate For Healthy Muscles
To begin, let’s dive into a general line-up of the best vitamins for athletes looking to improve muscle health.
First on the list is vitamin B12. Those following a vegetarian or vegan diet often experience nutritional deficiencies in B12 due to how this nutrient is commonly found in animal products, such as red meat, chicken, fish, eggs, and milk.
A B12 deficiency results in weakness or fatigue. B12 encourages the growth and production of cells and red blood cells. Red blood cells help carry oxygen to muscles during aerobic exercise. Oxygenated muscles perform better and recover faster since oxygen helps fuel your muscles by breaking down glucose to produce energy-giving ATP.
The body produces vitamin D when absorbing sunlight. Deficiencies are very common, especially for those who live in northern, cloudier climates. This vitamin reduces inflammation and increases the body’s exercise capacity through ATP production and muscle protein synthesis.2 Vitamin D supplements may help mitigate muscle pain and maintain healthy bones.
Vitamin B6 is a crucial supplement when building muscle. This vitamin collaborates with enzymes to break down the protein you consume and deliver its energy-giving properties to your muscles.
This vitamin also aids in the process of rebuilding lean muscle following strenuous exercise. Without B6, your body’s muscles wouldn’t be able to mend or grow sufficiently.
While iron is technically a mineral, it’s significantly beneficial for muscle health as it transports oxygen throughout the body and to the muscles during exercise. An iron deficiency may negatively impact stamina and may lead to muscle weakness or fatigue.
Top Supplements to Support Muscle Health
While all of these vitamins (and minerals) can be sourced through whole foods, finding the perfect balanced diet is meticulous. The alternative is to source them through supplement formulas that offer maximum bioavailability and effective nutrient delivery systems.
To that end, let’s discuss three of our favorite supplements:
- B-Vitamin Blend
- Shilajit Mineral Resin
- Liposomal Glutathione, PQQ, Lactoferrin, & Probiotics Blend
#1 Synergy Vitamin B12 – B-Vitamin Blend
Using a biotechnology nutrient delivery system called Micelle, the Synergy Vitamin B12 supplement increases nutrient absorption within the body. The presence of B12, a nutrient that aids the production of DNA and red blood cells, enhances mood and energy, improves heart and bone health, and supports muscle recovery.
B12 also plays a number of significant roles within the body system, including the production of amino acid levels and nerve communication, which allows the body to communicate with the brain efficiently and effectively.
The synergy supplement contains a slew of health-promoting nutrients and vitamins, such as:
- B12 – An oxygen-delivering, muscle-aiding vitamin supplement
- B-6 – Aids B12 in maintaining nervous system communication
- Fulvic Minerals – Also known as shilajit, it’s a powerful electrolyte that detoxifies cells
- L-Methylfolate – A form of vitamin B-9 that produces blood cells to convert carbohydrates into energy
- Organic Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil – Contains PC, which supports brain health and liver function, and keeps cholesterol levels healthy
- Organic Phosphatidlcholin – A lipid that restores cell membrane functions
- Organic Vitamin E – This powerful antioxidant fights off infection and aids immune system functioning
- Wild Berry Oil – For a scrumptious blueberry taste and powerful antioxidant benefits
- Organic Acacia Gum – A plant-based derivative that relieves pain and irritation, supports wound healing, improves metabolic health
How it Aids Muscle Health
The B12 vitamin contains fulvic minerals, making it an optimal diet supplement for those looking to expedite muscle growth and coordination. The vitamin vitamin helps deliver oxygen to muscles while they’re in use—whether that’s jogging, swimming, or bench-pressing.
Vegan and vegetarian diets often lead to a deficiency in B12, as the vitamin is naturally present in animal products. A deficiency may interfere with nutrient absorption, causing balance problems, numbness, weakness, or fatigue.
In addition to its muscle-aiding properties, the Synergy Vitamin B12 supplement also:
- Promotes cognitive function
- Improves mood and memory
- Supports heart and bone health
When it comes to diet, you can rest assured that this supplement is:
- Made with organic ingredients
B12 has always been a muscle go-to, but with its additional properties, this supplement will truly aid your fitness triumphs and tribulations. Why are the B vitamins especially important to an athlete? They can help lead to muscle growth, repair, and performance.
#2 Shilajit Mineral Resin
Shilajit Mineral Resin is made with a regenerative and bio-active shilajit that’s enhanced with pure gold and silver to enhance muscle and full-body health.
The driving factor of the shilajit formula? Its ayurvedic qualities. The philosophy behind ayurvedic medicine strikes a balance between mind, body, spirit, and social well-being.3 More specifically, shilajit—a sticky substance found in the Himalayas—is the derivative of decomposed plants that supports holistic health.
The mineral-rich herb turned super nutrient heals bodily deficiencies while activating full cellular potential.
Cymbiotika’s mineral resin comprises three key ingredients:
- Pure live raw shilajit resin – An organic mineral derivative that provides anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-lipid properties
- 333 ppm elemental gold – An anti-inflammatory compound that aids muscle health and cell regeneration
- 100 ppm elemental silver – A strong anti-bacterial agent and immune booster
How it Aids Muscle Health
Shilajit contains fulvic acid, a naturally occurring compound present in soils and compost. Fulvic acid aids the body’s physical performance and relieves muscle fatigue by increasing nucleic acid production that fuels the muscles. Not only does it replenish the muscles, but gold’s anti-inflammatory properties also promote muscle regeneration throughout the body.
While elemental silver does not directly affect the muscles, it provides holistic healing of immune system functions and destroys antibiotic-resistant pathogens.
Each ingredient is consistently pure, safe, and of high efficacy. As one of the most powerful adaptogens on the market, the mineral formula provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Digestion improvement
- Joint wellness
- Fast tissue repair
- Metabolism boost
- Sustainable energy creation
- Healthy immune responses
- Natural performance enhancement
- Bone marrow and blood regeneration
- Emotional mood balance and stress mitigation
- Sleep normalization
And, for those looking for a diet-friendly option, Cymbiotika’s Shilajit Mineral Resin is:
- Made with organic ingredients
Cymbiotika’s powerful Shilajit Mineral Resin takes a full-body approach, replenishing your body’s many interwoven systems.
#3 ReGenesis – Liposomal Glutathione, PQQ, Lactoferrin, & Probiotics Blend
ReGenesis offers a combination of ingredients that acts as a master supplement that slows aging and increases energy. In addition, glutathione (GSH) acts as a strong antioxidant, metabolism booster, and stress detoxification compound. It’s especially useful as you age, as natural levels of glutathione in the body decrease during your lifetime.4
Vitamin PQQ is classified as a longevity vitamin because it lowers the risk of diseases during aging by stimulating cell activities and regulating energy production in our body’s tissues and organs. The probiotics also benefit digestion and nutrient absorption.
The formula comprises various components:
- Glutathione (GSH) – A master antioxidant and metaphorical fountain of youth
- Lactoferrin – A milk derivative that reduces inflammation and promotes probiotic growth
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus (LR) – A friendly bacteria that maintains gut health
- Organic MCT Oil – A coconut derivative that fuels the brain and boosts metabolism
- Organic Monk Fruit – A sweet treat that also acts as a prebiotic
- Organic Orange Peel Oil – A refreshing flavor that’s antimicrobial, too
- PQQ Pyrroloquinoline Quinone – A probiotic geared toward holistic body maintenance
- Coenzyme Q10 – An energy-producing compound and antioxidant that regulates cell functioning
- Riboflavin – Also known as Vitamin B2, it helps maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails
How it Aids Muscle Health
Specifically, PQQ may protect against cardiac damage by protecting the heart muscles against oxidative stress, alongside this supplement’s secret ingredient: coenzyme Q10. CoQ10 prevents and treats muscle aches.
PQQ is coupled with the power of a probiotic, which may decrease inflammation, muscle recovery jumpstarts. The PQQ-probiotic combination is especially helpful during those days of extreme stress. Additionally, PQQ is a supplement paired with foods that help with muscle soreness.
The formula is non-GMO and cultivated without heavy metals. Its beneficial properties:
- Improve nerve growth
- Mitigate allergies derived from foods or your environment
- Support a healthy intestinal tract
- Bolster immune responses
- Neutralize free radicals
- Provide antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Aid the removal of heavy metals
- Sustain a strong gut to brain line of communication
This Regenesis supplement does just that—renews and replenishes.
Bulk Up Your Diet with Cymbiotika
When regularly exercising, it’s essential to provide your body with the nutrients it needs to perform adequately.
Vitamin B12, B6, D, and iron sit on the starting line of excellent muscle health. To continue the race, consider fueling your body with Cymbiotika’s unique line-up of bioavailable, organic, and crafted supplements. Each product is vegan-friendly and provides vital nutrients to provide your body with the holistic health it craves.
Unlock your muscles’ fullest potential with Cymbiotika today.
Harvard Health Publishing. Listing of Vitamins. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/listing_of_vitamins
US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. Sports Health Benefits of Vitamin D. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3497950/
University of Minnesota. What is the Philosophy of Ayurvedic Medicine. https://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/what-philosophy-ayurvedic-medicine
Oregon State University. Is there a way to combat stress in aging? https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/feature-story/there-way-combat-stress-aging
WebMD. Coenzyme Q10: CoQ10. https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-coenzymeq10-coq10#1