We are living in a world full of toxins and pollutants in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, and the everyday products in our homes… so, how do we safely and effectively remove these toxins from the body?
Well, the answer to this lies within our body’s ability to detoxify these toxins, a word many of us have heard before; but may be still left wondering how this exactly works within us.
The human detoxification process entails a 3 phase system that our bodies use to expel toxic matter from our systems, of which are known as the following:
Phase 1: Bioactivation
Phase 2: Conjugation
Phase 3: And transportation
Phase 1 is the body’s first line of defense against toxins-- it uses enzymes to protect cells from damage by: converting harmful toxins into smaller substances meant for further detox and making toxins water-soluble in order to enter phase 2.
- causes oxidation of harmful toxins → breaks them down into less harmful substances → results in free radicals (which can cause harm to body and DNA if not removed & detoxed through body).
- Is activated in a bad way by external toxins such as caffeine, alcohol, paint fumes, steroids, pesticides, pharmaceutical pills, and cortisone, but can be activated in a GOOD way with intake of certain herbs, citrus, vitamin c, cruciferous veggies and minerals.
*During phase 1, it is good to boost antioxidant activity with hydrogen tablets or increase antioxidants such as vitamin c, polyphenols and flavonoids along with supplementing correct doses of coQ10, vitamins A, C & E, selenium, copper, zinc, and manganese.
Phase 2 is all about conjugation and uses 6 different pathways to take the water-soluble phase 1 metabolites OUT of the body through bile, urine, and stool.
- Requires sulfur (from cruciferous veggies, garlic, meat, egg yolks), amino acids, vitamin b12, molybdenum (trace mineral in leafy veg and liver), and glutathione in liposomal form. Flavonoids in fruits, veggies & herbs are also helpful.
- Phase 2 liver detox can be sluggish due to lack of intake of the above nutrients in proper quantities (NOT GOOD! because the metabolites of Phase 1 need to be moved out)
* Phase 2 sluggishness can result in insomnia, brain frog, hot flashes, cancer, Parkinson’s, chronic fatigue, lupus, immune dysfunction.
Phase 3 is the transportation phase of phase 2 conjugates either to your kidneys for more filtration and then out of your body via bladder/urine, OR out with your bile into the small intestine, down through the GI tract for elimination via stool.
* Phase 3 requires adequate hydration for kidney-urine elimination and proper function of GI system-- meaning pooping daily without constipation, sluggishness, loose stools or diarrhea.
With all of this being said, it’s crucial that we are nourishing our cells and bodies with the proper nutrients they need to successfully complete all 3 phases of the detoxification process.
Cymbiotika has many products that assist in detoxification and the top 3 most important are:
- Cymbiotika’s Liposomal Sulforaphane Matrix: sulforaphane is a powerful phytochemical found in broccoli sprouts and all cruciferous veggies. Research shows this compound plays a critical role in cellular detoxification and activates all 3 phases of detoxification. It is also the most powerful inducer of Phase 2 enzymes ever identified.
- Cymbiotika’s Bio-Charged Activated Charcoal in our liposomal delivery system: activated charcoal has been shown to be the #1 supplement for general detoxification and is known for its ability to bind to toxins and safely assist the body in flushing them out.
- Cymbiotika’s ReGenesis: a liposomal glutathione, with PQQ & lactoferrin, plus probiotics (remember, this is a crucial requirement for phase 2 to function optimally). Our liposomal glutathione improves detoxification, increases digestion, decreases inflammation and more. Along with this, this formula also has CoQ10 (crucial for phase 1) and probiotics that can relieve symptoms of bloating, abdominal pain, and abnormal bowel movements-- critical for good digestive health and kidney function.
Along with this, Cymbiotika’s Black Gold Shilajit, Synergy D3 K2 CoQ10, Synergy Liposomal Vitamin C, and our Synergy Vitamin B12 all play crucial roles in the detoxification process as well. These unique formulas are all powerfully developed to enhance the body’s ability to rid itself of toxins and are in liposomal form for optimal absorption.
Once we understand how the detoxification phases work, we can optimize our routines to ensure we are supporting these processes in order to live a long, vibrant, and healthy life!
With love and gratitude,
The Cymbiotika Team