Cymbiotika DHA is derived from Canadian, indoor-grown, non-GMO, wild strain algae. During the extraction process, our algae’s precious cell wall is gently cracked using clean filtered warm water. This method of extraction is critical to keeping the integrity of the DHA intact. We are against the use of all neurotoxic solvents such as hexane or methane. Once the cell wall releases it’s fluid, it is then mixed with the most powerful anti-oxidant in the world- Astaxanthin. This defines synergy.
We are proud to say that Cymbiotika Astaxanthin is sourced from one of the most pristine locations on earth, Iceland. Astaxanthin is algae’s defense mechanism to all atmospheric conditions, bolstering its immune system and preventing oxidation. It is nature's strongest antioxidant and can survive dormant for 40 years without any nutrients! Cymbiotika contains the perfect amount of Astaxanthin to protect it from breaking down. It is 6,000 times more potent than vitamin C and 550 times stronger than vitamin E at protecting from free radicals. Beware of DHA supplements that only contain vitamin E, as that is not enough to protect it.
Once in our tissues, Astaxanthin places itself next to DHA and will sacrifice itself if DHA is at risk. Now that’s team work!
DHA with Astaxanthin creates a powerful synergy.
Astaxanthin has been shown in clinical studies to:
- Improve blood flow
- Hydrates and improves collagen
- Decrease blood pressure
- Balancing LDL and HDL cholesterol levels
- Support brain, eye, heart and lung health
- Prevent dementia, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, gastrointestinal diseases, liver diseases, male infertility and acute renal failure
- Offers neuroprotection
- Protects against ultraviolet radiation damage
- Decrease C-reactive protein
- Protects against age related macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal arterial occlusion, cystoid macular edema and inflammatory eye diseases
- Reduces incidence and proliferation of chemical-induced cancer of the oral cavity, urinary bladder and colon
We recognized that we must observe nature to learn and replicate what it does to the best of our ability. In a world where the oceans are polluted and the seafood is not fit for human consumption, we strive to innovate solutions that both honor where we've come from and also where we are going.