The Liver: Your Body's Unsung Hero
6 min read
We often make choices that impact our health without even realizing it. From that occasional extra glass of wine to the convenience of processed foods, our lifestyle choices can take a toll on a vital organ - the liver. This unsung hero plays a pivotal role in our overall well-being.
The liver is the filter for the body, tirelessly working to process and eliminate toxins, waste, and harmful substances. However, it's not just what you eat or drink that affects your liver. Factors like air quality, exposure to household toxins, and even pharmaceutical medications can all contribute to your liver's stress. And when your liver is under stress, it can disrupt various bodily functions, leaving you feeling less than your best.
How does the liver work?
Being the largest internal organ in the human body, the liver handles a wide range of crucial functions¹.
- Your liver processes everything you eat. After your stomach and intestines finish digesting food, it travels through your bloodstream to your liver for filtering².
- Your liver is plays a crucial role in sugar metabolism. It takes glucose from your blood and stores it as glycogen. When your blood sugar drops, your liver releases glycogen to keep your levels stable.
- When alcohol, medications, or other toxins make their way to your liver, they're pulled from your blood. Your liver will then clean up these substances and removes them into your urine or stool.
Recognizing the Symptoms
Have you ever woken up feeling puffy and sluggish after drinking? Or maybe you've been struggling with acne, inflammation, or other hormone-related issues that are difficult to manage? These could be signs that your liver is in need of some support.
How to Keep Your Liver Healthy
Supplements and lifestyle choices have been shown to improve liver health. Here are a few tips to keep your liver in optimal shape:
- Limit fried foods and sweets. Eating a diet heavy in fast foods, sweets, and fats may lead to weight gain. Being overweight or obese may increase the risk of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Be intentional when drinking alcohol. Large quantities of beer, wine, or liquor damages liver cells. If you're going to drink, be intentional. Don't overdo it.
- Don't mix alcohol and medication. Drinking alcohol with certain medications can worsen liver damage. Always consult with a professional healthcare provider before taking any supplement or prescription medication.
- Incorporate supplements into your everyday routine. Providing your body with hard-to-get nutrients ensures you are getting all of the essential vitamins and minerals you need to perform and feel your best.
Introducing Liver Health+
Meet the newest addition to your wellness routine – Liver Health+. This innovative formula features a unique blend of liver-protective vitamins, herbs, and nutrients to help promote optimal function of the liver. Each ingredient is thoughtfully selected to support detoxification, stimulate bile flow, and protect liver cells, making Liver Health+ an essential part of your wellness routine.
What makes Liver Health+ different than other products? Cymbiotika's innovative formula contains clean, science-backed compounds and nutrients that have been shown to support liver and gallbladder function through various mechanisms. In other words, it has really good stuff. A lot of good stuff.
Phyllanthus Whole Herb Extract: Phyllanthus has traditionally been used to support liver health and may have hepatoprotective properties.
Dandelion Root Extract: Dandelion has traditionally been used to support liver and gallbladder health and may also help stimulate bile production. Bile helps the liver process and eliminate toxins.
Artichoke Leaf Extract: Artichoke leaf extract has been shown to support liver function and promote healthy bile production.
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): NAC is a precursor to glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect liver cells from oxidative damage. It may also aid in detoxification processes.
New Year, Even Better You
If maintaining optimal liver health is one of your health goals this year, consider starting a subscription. Subscribing to Cymbiotika ensures you...
- Never miss a dose
- Give your body time to reap the benefits of our formulas
- Receive awesome discounts, subscriber perks, gifts, and experiences
- Get exclusive access to subscriber-only content, like original recipes, breath work exercises, yoga, and more!
Maintain optimal liver health and live your best, healthiest life now.
1. Kubala, M., RD. (2023, March 10). What You Should Know Before Taking Liver Supplements. Heath Line. Retrieved January 3, 2024, from https://www.healthline.com/health/liver-supplement#the-liver
2. Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG). (2016, August 22). How does the liver work? InformedHealth.org - NCBI Bookshelf. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279393/