If you’ve ever powered through a long, productive morning only to feel your energy crash at 2 PM, you’re in good company. After lunch, most people feel lethargic, ready to curl up in a ball in their office. It’s at this point that many people reach for caffeine, liquid energy supplements, or an energy drink.
However, while caffeine, energy drinks, and other “energizing” substances may give you the quick pick-me-up needed to get through another round of meetings, they aren’t the best for your health. Plus, if you’re wondering “why do I get so tired in the afternoon,” your go-to afternoon latte or sugary energy drink may lead to a serious crash within hours of your first sip.
Fortunately, there’re ways to boost your energy level naturally, leaving you feeling refreshed and healthy all day long. In this article, we’ll cover how to get an energy boost naturally by looking at seven ways you can keep your momentum going all day long.
7 Ways to Gain Energy Naturally
While it may seem like excessive tiredness is just a normal product of life, there are a few easy lifestyle changes you can make to greatly boost your energy levels.
And the best part? All of these lifestyle changes will benefit your overall health. In no time at all,
you’ll feel both healthier and more energized, ready to take on anything life throws at you.
#1 Get More (and Better) Sleep
We’ve all been there—neglecting sleep to finish a project or meet another deadline. This may allow us to get more done, but in the long run, a lack of sleep is disastrous for energy levels and overall health. In addition to causing a low energy level, a lack of sleep can lead to issues like:1
- Memory problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Increased blood pressure
- Weakened immune system
- Unbalanced mood
- Increased risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Weight gain
Getting more and better sleep is one of the best ways to keep your body healthy and gain energy naturally.
However, we all know that sometimes, getting more sleep is easier said than done. Below are a few things you can do to stop counting sheep and start counting productive hours during the day:
- Get at least seven hours of sleep per night. Some people, especially adolescents, may require more. Do a little math to see how much time in the morning you need to get ready for the day, how much time you need at night to get ready for bed, and calculate your ideal bed time. Add a 30 minute buffer on both ends of your sleep schedule to ensure you have plenty of time to drift off and catch those important Z’s.
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual. Have you ever laid awake at night with thoughts of the day’s to-do lists and worries abuzz in your mind? Not exactly the best way to wind down. Instead, try to create a bedtime ritual that helps put your mind at ease. That might include taking a soothing bath before bed, meditating, reading a relaxing book, journaling, or even cuddling with your pet on the couch.
- Avoid looking at screens and cell phones about 90 minutes before you go to bed. Screens emit blue light, which prevents the production of melatonin, the body’s sleep hormone.2 When screens are turned off, your body can kick off its melatonin production and prepare itself for sleep.
Additionally, if you are struggling with poor sleep, you may want to give natural sleep aids a try. This is where Cymbiotika comes in.
One of the best producers of organic and non-GMO sleep aids, Cymbiotika uses natural nutrients and antioxidants, such as Magnesium and Glutathione, to give you a better, all-natural night’s sleep. Try our Adrenal Super Tonic, which is packed full of biodynamic ingredients like rose and lavender, to help give you the sleep you deserve.
Another way to naturally boost your energy levels (and look and feel your best) is to exercise. Luckily, this doesn’t mean running half-marathons or engaging in exhausting workouts (although these are smart ways to get in shape). Simply living a less sedentary lifestyle can do wonders for your energy levels.
Rather than reach for another cup of coffee when chronic fatigue sets in, go for a ten-minute walk. Even a brief walk can boost energy levels. You may also try swimming or cycling. Whatever you do, constant movement is key. Another benefit of quick bouts of exercise throughout the day is that it helps rejuvenate the mind. If you find that even with exercise your mind is having a hard time recovering, adding in some natural supplements for mental focus can make the difference.
Exercise will also improve your physical health, and a brief walk during your lunch break may give you that much-needed break from the office!
When you’re done exercising, be sure to try Cymbiotika’s line of athletic recovery supplements. The Ultimate Pain Balm, for instance, works deeply into the skin to soothe muscles and reduce inflammation so that you can keep up your new exercise habit and your energy levels.
#3 Eat Healthfully
We all know that drinking and eating caffeine before bedtime is a recipe for a sleepless night. But did you know that eating too many processed foods (like those high in fat and sugar) can also disrupt sleep and energy levels?
Eating healthier is one of the best ways to naturally boost your energy. Not only will healthier foods, like our energizing smoothie recipes, give you the nutrients necessary to keep you going all day long, but they will also improve your health. Here are a few eating strategies to encourage higher energy levels:
- Eat clean – Avoid processed foods high in fat and sugar, and opt for whole, organic, nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, and locally sourced animal products
- Stick to a schedule – Keep your meal pattern regular. Studies show that people who don't keep up with this healthy habit and miss meals, especially breakfast, experience more fatigue throughout the day.3
- Nourish your body – Eat enough to fuel your body throughout the day. Be sure to consume the right amount of nutrients, especially iron, to boost your energy.
- Stay hydrated – Dehydration is known to deplete energy levels, as well as cause health issues. Be sure to drink water throughout the day—not only when you’re thirsty.
#4 Reduce Stress
It’s no secret that life can, at times, be stressful. Stress can lead to anxiety and feelings of being overwhelmed. When your stress level is high, even the smallest tasks can feel exhausting. Reducing (or at least managing) stress in your life is one surefire way to naturally boost your energy levels.
While the above methods can contribute to less stress, sometimes it’s necessary to directly address your stress head-on. Ways to reduce stress include:
Taking some time for yourself such as going for a walk or reading a book.
Practicing meditation or other mindfulness techniques.
Reaching out to friends and loved ones for support.
- Seeking medical advice if stress and anxiety become severe or unmanageable.
#5 Moderate Drinking and Smoking
While eating healthier and exercising more will do wonders for your health, smoking and excessive drinking will do the opposite. In fact, smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your health and energy levels.
The problem is that cigarettes contain harmful toxins and tar that prevent your lungs from taking in the oxygen they need. And less oxygen means less energy.
Alcohol is similarly disruptive. Although alcohol may make you feel sleepy at first, alcohol actually disrupts sleep, leaving you groggy and possibly hungover the next day. Furthermore, alcohol’s diuretic property means you’ll be dehydrated and thus will lack energy.
If you choose to enjoy an alcoholic drink, be sure to drink in moderation and well before bedtime.
#6 Be Social
This next method may sound counterintuitive, as sometimes being too social can drain energy, but being social is one way to naturally boost energy levels.
When we form connections with others, we’re maintaining both our physical and mental health. On the other hand, social isolation can make us feel lonely, depressed, and lethargic.
If you feel constantly tired, it may be good to meet up with friends or join a new club. These social connections will help you feel more energized.
# 7 Try Cymbiotika’s Energy Supplements
Although the above methods are smart ways to naturally boost your energy levels, sometimes it’s beneficial to supplement these practices with natural energy supplements. Cymbiotika’s energy supplements are some of the best energy supplements for chronic fatigue.
The reason for this is that Cymbiotika’s energy supplements always contain natural ingredients, such as antioxidants and nutrients, that promote health while keeping you feeling energized no matter how packed your schedule is. We’ve broken down some of our best supplements below:
Cymbiotika: The Natural Energy Booster
A lack of energy can be harmful to our day-to-day lives, careers, and overall health. Luckily, there are many ways to boost energy naturally. This means you don’t have to reach for caffeine or unnatural supplements to put that extra pep in your step.
By following the above seven ways to naturally boost your energy, you’ll feel healthier and more energized.
You should especially check out Cymbiotika’s full line of natural, eco-friendly products. From supplements that combat the effects of aging to liquid prenatal vitamins, Cymbiotika’s supplements are made with sustainability, excellence, and you in mind.
- Healthline. The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on the Body. https://www.healthline.com/health/sleep-deprivation/effects-on-body
- Sutter Health. Screens and Your Sleep. https://www.sutterhealth.org/health/sleep/screens-and-your-sleep-the-impact-of-nighttime-use
- National Library of Medicine. Relationships between dietary habits and the prevalence of fatigue in medical students. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18562170/