Macadamia Lavender Elixir w/ Cymbiotika’s Rumi
Sleep plays an essential role in overall health by aiding in the regeneration of the body’s reserves, rebuilding collagen and soft tissue, burning through old fat stores, cleansing organs, and forming new cells. With this being said, we have created a soothing night time lavender elixir infused with our sleep formula, Rumi, for you to enjoy as you wind down for the day. Research has shown that lavender aids the body in relaxation, while Cymbiotika’s Rumi formula packs in powerful herbal extracts that help the body’s nervous system drift into a sweet sleep every night.
Our soothing lavender elixir recipe is vegan, sugar free, gluten free, and made with homemade macadamia milk for an extra buttery sensation. This recipe is intended to be enjoyed 30 minutes-1 hour before bedtime. Our favorite way to wind down with this elixir is to light some candles and put on some soft instrumental music so the body and mind can really start to settle before dozing off to dreamland :)
Let us know what you think about this recipe and tag us in your photos on social media so we can share the magic with you!
Macadamia Lavender Elixir w/ Rumi
Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 cup macadamia milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp dried culinary lavender
- ¼ teaspoon monk fruit powder or sweetener of choice (honey is very calming if you’re not sugar free!)
- 4-8 pumps of Cymbiotika’s Rumi
- Pinch of salt
- In a small pot, combine macadamia milk, water, and dried lavender and heat until bubbles form on the side. You do not want this to boil completely. Once the bubbles have formed on the side, turn off the stove and cover/let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a mesh strainer to pour lavender infused milk into a cup. There should be no lavender remains in the milk after straining.
- Reheat strained milk in a pot until bubbles form again on the side (this step is only necessary if you’ve noticed the milk has cooled down). Remove once heated.
- Pour lavender milk into a blender, add the rest of your ingredients (including pumps of Rumi) & blend into creamy. ** Note: a blender isn’t necessary, but we love this method because it makes it extra foamy. If you don’t have a blender, simply heat all ingredients together into a pan up until bubbles form on the side.
- Pour and enjoy! Option to top with a sprinkle of dried lavender and a pinch of salt :)