Cymbiotika Digestion Tips & Tea Recipe
With the holidays in full swing, we have created a yummy peppermint tea recipe with our Shilajit to support the digestive system during this time. Since many people during the holidays tend to indulge in foods they don’t typically eat in their day to day lives, this can temporarily create digestive upsets if there isn’t a follow up routine to support the digestive tract and detoxification processes.
It’s been said that our gut is our second brain, and after years of our own observations and research, we have cultivated certain guidelines and techniques to follow to ensure that our digestive systems are running optimally.
Along with our peppermint tea recipe, we would also like to share some of our practices with you all because we know how critical it is to have a highly functioning digestive system; and, there are many people out there who constantly struggle with discomfort from gas, bloating, sluggish digestion, food sensitivities and more who we feel could benefit from these simple tips!
Tips & Guidelines to follow for a healthy gut (and life!):
- Start and end your day with warm water & lemon-- this is highly alkalizing and aids in supporting the digestive tract. For an extra boost, you can add our Shilajit to kickstart your metabolism and support your energy levels.
- Before consuming your first meal of the day, we recommend taking our Regenesis at least 30 minutes beforehand to help boost the signals between the gut & brain while also giving your body a megadose of probiotics to support the intestinal tract.
- Check in with your hunger cues-- oftentimes, dehydration disguises itself as hunger. We recommend drinking water at least 30 minutes before consuming a meal to ensure your body is adequately hydrated before eating.
- Do not consume water/liquids during a meal-- this dilutes stomach acid and naturally occurring digestive enzymes, which are crucial for breaking down food.
- Always eat fruit by itself-- fruit is a simple sugar that digests rapidly. When eaten with other foods or after a meal, it can cause fermentation in the gut which can create gas, bloating, and a likely environment for unfriendly bacteria to grow in.
- Try to avoid protein and starchy food pairings, such as meat with potatoes or bread. Protein is best consumed with non-starchy veggies such as leafy greens and other high-water content vegetables (asparagus, broccoli. Zucchini, peppers).
- If/when consuming starchy vegetables, always pair with other starchy foods, such as potatoes & grains like quinoa or rice. These both need an alkaline environment to digest in, so they compliment each other well.
- Leafy greens & non starchy veggies go with everything
- Drink teas throughout the day with herbs such as peppermint, ginger, and turmeric to support optimal digestion.
- Avoid eating sweet foods after meals, including fruits and desserts.
- Consume last meal of the day at least 3 hours before bed to ensure proper digestion can occur before going to sleep.
- If you are traveling, eating out, consuming alcohol, or over-indulging, we recommend supplementing with our Bio-Charged Activated Charcoal to help alleviate the discomforts that these activities may cause. This helps with binding to toxins and flushing them out of the system before they can absorb in the body
While following these recommendations, remember that it takes time to form new habits. Take baby steps in the beginning, and remember that by doing this, you are supporting your entire digestive tract, immune system, moods/emotions, sleep, weight, and life.
One easy recipe that you can start to incorporate into your days ASAP for overall better digestion is this simple peppermint tea with shilajit. We hope you enjoy… and we know your belly will too :)
Cymbiotika Peppermint Tea with Shilajit
Time to create: 5 mins
Yields: 1 serving (1cup)
- 1 cup of spring or filtered water
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1 gram of Cymbiotika Shilajit
Option to add fresh squeezed lemon or Cymbiotika Charcoal as well
- Warm 1 cup of spring or filtered water over the stove top
- Pour into your favorite mug and add 1 gram of Cymbiotika Shilajit and stir until dissolved
- Add one organic peppermint tea bag and allow to steep for 2 mins
- Options to add a squeeze of lemon or 8 pumps of Cymbitoika Charcoal
- Sip and enjoy the healing power or this peppermint elixir