Cultivating a Self Love Practice
I’m sure we’ve all heard the quote “you can’t love someone else until you love yourself” before, but this can be extremely disheartening for many people who may not know where to start to cultivate their own self love… and this way of thinking is simply not the truth!
We are always evolving and reinventing ourselves, and with this may come some hard times, but no matter what-- we are always deserving of our own love as well as receiving it from those around us.
Oftentimes, many people get wrapped up in things like their work, family life, finances, or even social media comparisons, that they sometimes forget to treat themselves with a beautiful self love practice-- which ultimately brings awareness to how and what we are feeling, thinking, dreaming of, and desiring for.
When there is a lack of presence within ourselves, it can be difficult to manage anything else and give whatever it may be our devotional time and focus.
With this being said, we have created a list of some of our favorite practices we implement in our lives to ensure we are giving back to ourselves after investing our energy in so many other places. We hope you enjoy and get to indulge in some of these rituals and practices to come back home to yourself ♡
- If possible, before doing anything else when you get up on the rise, take some deep breaths in or out of bed before checking your phone or doing anything else. This helps calm and center us emotionally and energetically before continuing on in our day.
- After getting up, spend a few minutes journaling about things such as the emotions that are arising for you, what you’d like to accomplish during the day (even if that’s simply relaxing), what’s on your mind and heart, how your body is feeling, etc.-- this helps us see and feel clearly into the present moment.
- Spend time doing mirror work as a meditation practice. Look at yourself in the eyes and observe the body. Repeat mantras such as “I am powerful, I am beautiful, I am capable” etc. to build confidence and create more self love. Focus on the parts of yourself that you feel good about in that current moment and give the other parts that you may be judging love and gratitude for still being here for you.
- Spend time outside and sungaze at some point of the day. Doing this is supportive to the nervous system, immune function, and grounds us into the body and Earth.
- Nourish yourself with whole foods that are supportive to the entire system. The gut has a direct affect on the brain and vice versa, and it’s been proven that the foods you eat have a direct correlation with mood and emotions. The more healthy foods you are eating, the happier you will feel!
** Avoid coffee on an empty stomach (but if you do, add our shilajit for ultra mineralization), opt for herbal teas, drink water 30 minutes before meals, implement our Bio-Charged Activated Charcoal & Sulforaphane Matrix to assist in detoxification, limit intake of alcohol, avoid processed snacks & foods.
- Try to get in some sort of physical movement everyday. Walking, dancing, stretching, lifting weights, body weight exercises etc.-- this helps boost the lymphatic system and drain toxins out of the body.
- Get a dry brush and use before shower to further enhance lymphatic drainage
- Don’t store pent up negative emotions!! Let out whatever wants to come from you… tears, screams, pouts, frustration, etc.. It is extremely important and healing to allow ourselves the space to express how we are feeling so we don’t continue to carry heaviness with us.
- Get comfortable with talking to your friends and family about how you are doing and feeling. Having a supportive container to express and be heard in is nurturing to the inner children within all of us. No one is perfect and when we can talk about our common struggles together, it creates a sense of unity and trust.
- Spend time tuning in with your YES’S and NO’S and familiarize yourself with them. Oftentimes, many people may feel pressured to attend an event or something of this sort even if it feels out of alignment with their system. This is a reminder that you don’t have to do ANYTHING you don’t want to do! When we are able to stand in the power of our yes or no, we will learn to trust ourselves more and honor whatever it is that we actually want to do in these moments.
- Have a daily routine if possible: rising time, eating schedule, bedtime. We know this can be hard with kiddos, but the more on a routine YOU are, the easier it may be to hopefully get them on one as well.
- Give yourself love even on the hardest of days. Acknowledge that you showed up the best you could and that there are brighter days ahead. We love to do a self massage before bed on days that have been hard. Get some coconut oil or lotion and massage the feet, hands, legs, neck, or anywhere that you may be holding tension to release stored emotions.
You are never alone in this life. You are worthy of all the self love and devotion to yourself… and never forget it!
If you have any other personal self love tips or practices you’d like to share with us, tag us on social media so we can read and see!
With love and gratitude,
The Cymbiotika Team